NW3C Certification Partnership
June 8, 2021
HTCIA and NW3C are pleased to announced a certification partnership which will allow HTCIA members to apply for Professional Certification through NW3C at a substantially discounted rate. NW3C is an internationally recognized 501c3 nonprofit providing training and education to law enforcement organizations in the USA, Canada, Europe, and A-Pac. HTCIA and NW3C have been long-time partners in education and membership and we are thrilled to be offering access to certification through this partnership!
Certifications can help you qualify as a skilled fact or expert witness, distinguish yourself professionally, and obtain the next step in your career. NW3C now offers law enforcement and private sector pracitioners the opportunity to earn professional certifications. NW3C certifications, backed by our industry-leading expertise and reputation, attest to demonstrated competence in digital forensics, cybercrime investigations, and complex financial crime investigations.
- Certified Economic Crime Forensic Examiner (CECFE): Investigate and analyze information related to financial conduct of all types and to detect, respond to, and investigate illegal financial activity.
- Certified Cyber Crime Examiner (3CE): Apply best practices in digital forensic techniques to image, document and report on forensically sound digital evidence.
- Certified Cyber Crime Investigator (3CI): Detect, respond to, and investigate cyber crimes and crimes facilitated by online communication.
Learn more about the Body of Knowledge for each certification here.
How to Qualify
To qualify for any of the NW3C certifications an applicant must satisfy a minimum of 25 points which are based on several conditions. The conditions include the number of years of directly related full-time work experience, any directly related education from an accredited institution of higher learning, directly related HTCIA Training or similar coursework completed over the past 5 years, and if you have one or more current directly related industry-recognized certifications from another certification body. Directly related means training, education, or job function that specifically involves knowledge, skills, or abilities meeting the required body of knowledge for the certification.
How to Apply
- View NW3C Certification Points Matrix to ensure you have at least 25 points to apply.
- Gather necessary documentation including resume, certificates, and transcripts.
- Login to your NW3C account or create an NW3C account using your work email. *Your physical certificate will be mailed to the address you provide on your account.
- Start the application for the certification in which you are applying at nw3c.com/certifications.
- Upload your documentation.
- Continue to the payment screen and pay the $50 application fee via credit card or invoice.
- Within 10 business days, you will receive an email notifying you of the status of your application.
- If your certification has been approved, you will receive an email notifying you to pay the $250 certification fee.
- Login to your account to find the promo code, and select your payment method.
*The promo code for the discounted Certification Fee is available only to active members in good standing of HTCIA. Log into your HTCIA MemberClicks Account to access the promo code. Please note – usage of the code will be audited by staff. Members are prohibited from sharing the code for use by non-members.