UPDATES WILL BE POSTED ON THIS PAGE WHEN AVAILABLE
How to Qualify
To qualify for any of the HTCIA certification an applicant must satisfy a minimum of 200 points which are based on several conditions. The conditions include the number of years of directly related full-time work experience, any directly related education from an accredited institution of higher learning, directly related HTCIA Training or similar coursework completed over the past 5 years, and if you have one or more current directly related industry-recognized certifications from another certification body. Directly related means training, education, or job function that specifically involves knowledge, skills, or abilities meeting the required body of knowledge for the certification.
Certifications can help you qualify as a skilled fact or expert witness, distinguish yourself professionally, and obtain the next step in your career.
HTCIA now offers members in good standing the opportunity to earn professional certification.
HTCIA certification, backed by our industry-leading expertise and reputation, attest to demonstrated competence in high tech investigations. Across many areas we encounter like:
How to Apply
- View HTCIA Matrix (coming Sept 19th) to ensure you have at least 200 points to apply.
- Gather necessary documentation including resume, certificates, and transcripts.
- Login to your train.htcia.org account. *Your physical certificate will be mailed to the address you provide on your account.
- Start the application for the certification
- Upload your documentation. If you do not have enough points you can gain points by viewing training on train.htcia.org
- Within 10 business days, you will receive an email notifying you of the status of your application.
- If your certification has been approved, you will receive an email notifying you
*The Certification Fee waiver is available only to active members in good standing of HTCIA for a LIMITED TIME ONLY. Members are prohibited from sharing the certification training or questions with non-members.